Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Living a Mindful Life Lesson 2: Ask and Ye May Recieve


Living mindfully means asking for what you need or want...fully knowing that the answer may be no or not now but it may actually be yes. In the past, I've been too nervous to ask. I didn't want to bother people or seem like I'm needy. But today, I decided to go for it.
I love Lands' End clothing and footwear for my children. They are durable and they sometimes have really great sales. Today I was looking for rain boots for my daughter. Her feet are growing so fast, it has been difficult to keep her in shoes. Right now, only her snow boots fit her best, which is OK since we live in the Northwest. I also needed to get some dress clothes for my son. He is in the 5th grade this year and we are fast approaching the time in his school when he is required to wear a coat and tie to several events. He current dress blazer is two sizes too small. I wanted to check out what LL Bean had next and saw that they had free shipping for orders over $75. But I really liked the selection at my beloved Lands' End better. Any way, I racked up quite an order and the shipping was nearly another $20.
I took one of my yoga breaths and contacted a customer service representative. I told her what LL Bean was offering and asked if she could offer me free shipping. Lo and behold, they had a promotion code for me for free shipping (not advertised on the website at all)!
Lesson for me today: it really doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment